Have you ever wondered what school life was like in the old days – for real?
Wall to Wall Media, makers of the hit series Back in Time for Tea, are looking for teachers to take part in an exciting new BBC2 series: Back in Time for School.
We’re gathering together a class of modern-day teachers and teenagers to experience the school days of previous generations… from the Victorian era to the 1990s.
Living through the changing attitudes, dress codes and technologies of the nation’s classrooms over the decades, our participants will experience the lessons, sports, school trips and even school dinners of yesteryear, and decide which eras were ‘the best days of our lives.’
Please note: this is not an acting role.
Want to apply?
We welcome applications from all levels of teaching, including head teachers. You must:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
Thank you, and good luck!
(If you are a parent or legal guardian looking to apply on behalf of your child as a pupil, click HERE)
Filming will take place in the May half term and school summer holidays 2018. Please note that you do not have to be available every day – but please do not apply if you have holidays lasting more than 2 weeks already booked in this period.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be aged 18 years or older at the time of your application to take part in this programme.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to provide to us supporting documentation.
- If you are currently employed as a teacher you must provide to us a copy of a current DBS check as part of your employment. If you are not currently employed as a teacher you must be willing to undergo a DBS check as part of your application to take part in the programme. Please note that if you are selected to take part in the programme we reserve the right to require you to submit to a further DBS check before filming commences.
- You understand that the completion and submission of an application does not guarantee participation in the selection process and/or the programme. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that we will be able to respond to every application.
- You will not be expected to live on location, but you must be prepared to travel to and from locations in the Midlands area each day.
- The programme is an immersive living history experience and, as such, if selected to take part you will be expected to work in a particular era’s environment during each filming day, relinquishing all modern technology while there, such as phones, laptops, tablets, and any other electric or communicative devices, in order to immerse yourself in the historical world
- You will be expected to wear period clothing during filming, and to eat period-appropriate food as part of the experience.
- Wall to Wall encourages applications from people of all ages and ranges of physical ability. Please make us aware of any medical or health concerns as soon as possible so that if your application is successful we can work with you to the make the filming as comfortable and safe as possible.
- As a company experienced in producing living history formats, we are aware that historical environments are not equivalent to modern expectations of living. Whilst it may be challenging, we will work with a Health and Safety expert in order to provide full risk assessments to ensure that no participant’s safety is compromised.
- Please note that this series is an ambitious, authentic look at the life of schooling through the eras. It will be challenging, but we are confident it will be a truly fascinating and unique experience for everyone involved.
- Any booked or planned holidays will not preclude you from applying to take part in the Series. Please disclose to us as soon as possible if you have booked or are planning to book any holidays in May, June, July, August or September 2018.
- If you are successful in being selected to take part in the series, you will be required to agree to a participant agreement which will set out in greater detail the terms and conditions of your participation in the programme.
- We reserve the right at all times in our absolute discretion to change, extend, cancel or curtail the application process, including without limitation, the structure, content and dates as we see fit. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Please respond to the email address given well before this date, to allow you time to apply.
We will keep your personal data secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not pass your information on to any third parties who are not involved in the production of the programme, without your consent.
Your personal data (“Personal Data”) means data, which relates to you, where you can be identified directly from that data or from that data together with other information in our possession.
Your sensitive personal data (“Sensitive Personal Data”) means personal data consisting of information as to your a) racial or ethnic origin; b) political opinions; c) religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature; d) membership (or not) of a trade union; e) physical or mental health or condition; f) sexual life; g) commission or alleged commission of any offence; h) involvement in and the outcome of proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you.
We, Wall to Wall Media Limited, take your privacy seriously and any Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data you share with us will be kept securely and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You agree that we may store, handle and use the information for the purposes of the development, production and exploitation of the programme which may include sharing your information (whether Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data) with other people involved in the production of the programme, such as other members of the production team, the BBC as broadcaster of the programme and/or our insurers. You have the right to access the information you provide to us as prescribed by the law.
If at any point you decide that you no longer want us to hold, use or process any of your information (Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data) or you want us to update the personal information you have provided please let us know. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office. We would also like to reassure you that in the event that you do not participate in the programme, your information will be deleted by us after a reasonable amount of time, and in any event, once production of the programme has been finalised.
By submitting your email application, you consent to the information you provide being used for the above purposes.
PRIVACY NOTICE [CLICK HERE]